Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Reviews of I Know Where I'm Going! (1945)
- Fascinating trivia (and any goofs) connected with the film
- All location & studio details known
- Contemporary Previews and Reviews
- The Plot: How and why the film was made
- Bedded or Wedded? - A change to the soundtrack
- thigibh a staigh olaibh it - What does all that Gaelic mean?
- Who was Roger Livesey's double?
- Review by James Agee in The Nation September 13th 1947
- Reviews & Comments about IKWIG
- Scotch Mist - By C.A. Lejeune
- Review from New York Times, August 20th 1947
- An interesting letter
- Magill's Survey of Cinema
- Intelligent Female Nonsense
- A disussion on the characters before and after the film
- What Happened Next?
- Music in IKWIG
- The "Macaphee" song
- Combustible Celluloid - I Know Where I'm Going!
- Gay times in the heather
- An Absolute Delight
- Bill Forsyth on IKWIG
- Henry Coombs Reviews
- TV Guide review
- "Radio Times" film guide
- The Onion Review
- Mull: I Know Where I'm Going!
- The Perfect Storm
- IKWIG at the NFT - 10th March 2000
- Notes from the video sleeve
- 5001 Nights in the Movies - Pauline Kael
- Agee on Film
- Sharing peak times with Powell By Alastair Dunnett; The Scotsman; September 1, 1997
- Link to -> Criterion page about the DVD
- Link to -> Criterion essay about IKWIG by Ian Christie
- Link to -> Savant Review of the Criterion DVD
- Link to -> Review @ Edinburgh University Film Society
- Link to -> Passage to Kiloran Review
- Link to -> Digitally Obsessed review of the Criterion DVD
- Link to -> Bil Antoniou's review
- Link to -> New York State Writers Institute Review
- Link to -> Bright Lights review of Criterion DVD by Megan Ratner
- Link to -> Combustible Celluloid Review
- Link to -> BFI ScreenOnline
- Link to -> Current Film Review
- Link to -> DVD Authority Review
- Link to -> Comparison of Criterion & Carlton DVDs by DVD Beaver
- Link to -> Doug Pratt's Laser Disc Review
- Link to -> Brothers Judd Review
- Link to -> Review of Pam Cook's book
- Link to -> Must Have Movies
- Link to -> DVD Outsider review by Camus of the Granada boxed set
- Link to -> Filmycks review
- Visiting the island of "Kiloran" (Colonsay)
- The Glasgow Orpheus Choir
- Moy castle
- Moy Castle is falling down!
How you can help save it
- The IKWIG Phone Box
Saved for the future
- Carsaig Pier - panorama
- The legend of Corryvreckan
- Link to -> Site about Corryvreckan
Includes details of trips out to Corryvreckan, information about exactly where the shots were made (and how they were merged with model shots). They also offer a DVD filmed on trips around the whirlpool.
- Link to -> Article about Corryvreckan in The Scotsman
- Link to -> Gulf of Corryvreckan - Legends and Facts
- Link to -> A Love Letter to I Know Where I'm Going!: The Best Film You Never Saw A blog by The Baby Bloomer
- Link to -> Western Isles Hotel, Mull
- Link to -> IKWIG locations at ScotlandTheMovie.com
- IKWIG on the radio
An NBC radio adaptation of the film
- The IKWIG School
As seen in the opening credits sequence
Pictures from the PaPAS Gallery
Trips to Mull
Other P&P reviews