Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
I Know Where I'm Going!
A Celebration of This Well Loved Mull Film
The 2022 weekend
Update from Robert Beveridge (6 June 2020):
With regret we have to announce that the IKWIG celebration planned for October 2020 has had to be rescheduled.
You will understand the reasons.
The good news is that it will take place in October 2021, most likely October 22 to 24.
It will be lovely to see you there and best wishes to all for good health in these times.
On 19th June 2020, Robert said:
I am delighted to confirm that our celebration of this beloved movie will take place on MULL from 22 to 24 October 2021
Amongst the highlights will be a showing of the film at Duart castle - on the saturday afternoon.
Not least will also be the participation of Emeric's grandson Andrew McDonald and Professor Ian Christie. Thelma S-P has promised to do her very best to be with us
It will be lovely to catch up with friends from the past and make new ones.
The Western Isles Hotel is currently closed but it may be, in this time of crisis- a kindness if you could message them to confirm your booking/attendance.
Very best wishes and hopes for a better future. I am hoping the plague will have gone by early november
Robert then gave the new dates of Friday/Saturday 21st/22nd October 2022.
Here's hoping ...
The latest update from Robert & Nicholas ...
(1) On "Saturday 22nd October" now that we have written permission from the Hortons I would expand the 09.30 bit to "arrive at Listed Phonebox and courtesy of Mark & Nancy Horton visit Carsaig House and Pier-echoes of Catriona Maclaine". Then "11.30 Lochbuie House courtesy of Jim & Patience Corbett".
(2) Also, when do you want my talk and for how long? (20 minutes + Q & A?). It could be described as "Nicolas Maclean, whose mother lived near Moy Castle, will reveal the IKWIG story's secret links with real people and events on Mull).
- Invitation to an IKWIG weekend
- To book your room(s), please phone the Western Isles Hotel (on +44 (0)1688 302012), saying that you want to book for the IKWIG weekend. Maybe mention Robert Beveridge's name.
- The Schedule:
- Friday 21st
- Arrive at WIH afternoon
1600 tea and introduction
1730 Talk by Ian Christie
1900 Gin & Dubonnet
- Saturday 22rd
- Morning visit to Carsaig Pier and phone box
Visit Moy Castle
Afternoon "IKWIG" at Duart Castle
10pm P&P quiz
- Sunday 23th
- After breakfast
Talk and ?
Ferry to Oban
- Link to -> Ian Court's photos & videos
Hollywood comes to Mull Nicholas's report of the gaethering. Nick Dando's report & pictures
Other P&P trips