Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Kim Hunter (12 Nov 1922 - 11 Sep 2002)
First, a comment from PaPAS member Mark Fuller:
Its daft really, but the death of an elderly lady I never met has really hit me today. It hadn't occurred to me that she would be nearly 80; but then to have been starring in films from the early forties she would have to have been. She always lit up anything I saw her in; in an old episode of Columbo, even expressing all that humanity under the latex face of a chimpanzee scientist.
She will always be June, though, to me; courageous though frightened, willing to sacrifice everything for the man she had fallen for. It's a beautiful performance in a difficult part.
Some time ago, someone gave me the address of her agent; I was going to drop her a line, send a card, fan mail,that sort of thing. Never did, never got around to it. There's a lesson there somewhere, carpé diem I suppose. Thanks Miss Hunter, thanks for your work; no-one who has seen A Matter of Life and Death will forget you, and as more new people are seeing it every day, that is immortality.
- Link to -> Obituary from AP (USA)
- Obituary notice in The Guardian (UK)
- Link to -> Obituary in The Guardian (UK)
- Obituary in The Independent (UK)
- Obituary in The Telegraph (UK)
- Obituary in The Commercial Appeal, Memphis (USA)
- Obituaries in other US newspapers
- Link to -> Obituary in USA Today (USA)
- Link to -> Obituary in International Herald Tribune (USA)
- Nice story found in a newsgroup
- What did they do in PnP films?
Other P&P obituaries