Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Remove the nospam. from the email address
Dr. Andrew Moor is a lecturer and researcher currently at the Manchester Metropolitan University
- Powell and Pressburger: A Cinema of Magic Spaces (I.B. Tauris: London, 2005).
- The Cinema of Michael Powell: International Perspectives on an English Film-Maker, Ian Christie and Andrew Moor (eds.) (British Film Institute: London, 2005).
- 'Autobiography, the self and Pressburger-Powell's The Golden Years project', Screen, Volume 46, Number 1, 2005.
- 'Hein Heckroth at the Archers: Art, Commerce, Sickliness', Journal of British Cinema and Television, Volume 2, Number 1, 2005.
- 'No Place - Like Home: Powell, Pressburger and Utopia' in Robert Murphy (ed.), The British Cinema Book (2nd edn.) (British Film Institute: London, 2001).
Andrew also organised the Michael Powell Centenary Conference at Bangor University on 2-4 September 2005
Other PaPAS members