Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Reviews of Chris Challis
- Chris Challis: His work with Powell & Pressburger
- Link to -> Internet Encyclopedia of Cinematographers
See also articles about:
- A Matter of Life and Death (1946)
- Black Narcissus (1947)
- The End of the River (1947)
- The Red Shoes (1948)
- The Small Back Room (1949)
- Gone to Earth (1950)
- The Elusive Pimpernel (1950)
- The Tales of Hoffmann (1951)
- Oh... Rosalinda!! (1955)
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (1955)
- The Battle of the River Plate (1956)
- Ill Met by Moonlight (1957)
- Miracle in Soho (1957)
- The Boy Who Turned Yellow (1972)
Other P&P reviews