Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
- 1.2. Basic Netiquette.
- 1.2.1. Don't Wander (Too Much)
- Please do NOT start threads on topics that are wildly unrelated to P&P. None of the posters in this email group want to have to sift through a chaotic wreckage of irrelevant threads, although as we tend to be an erudite, eclectic bunch if it's vaguely related it might be worth floating a short message to see if anyone's interested.
- 1.2.2. Try Not To Insult People
- Do not flame (insult or abuse others just for the sake of it). The Internet is the ultimate forum for free speech: you can say what you like to a potential audience of millions all over the world. Just be aware that not everyone wants to hear what you have to say. And for those of you who want to tell everyone what's acceptable speech and what's not, don't ! If you feel the need to insult someone for something they posted (We recommend you don't), there's always direct e-mail to the person who offended you.
- 1.2.3. Be Cautious When Replying.
- Make sure your reply is intended for the whole group and wouldn't be better as a private email to the poster of the message. (A mistake I've made myself)
Remainder of FAQ Section 1